First Place Winning Team – $25,000 in funding + incubation space at eCenter + additional services
Eligibility – Unlike the OH-PENN business competition, VIA – eCenter will no longer be restricted to just college teams. The teams will also no longer be required to come from PA or OH. Teams from ANY state are eligible. Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Applicants Age – Competitors must be over 18.
- Geographical criteria – Applicants from any state are eligible; however, Grand Prize Winning Team must agree to relocate to Mercer County, PA.
- Time Requirements – Applicants will be required to spend 20 weeks post funding in the eCenter Accelerator Program.
- Industry sector – Companies can come from any industry sector but must have some technology component.
- Company stage – Companies may be pre- or post revenue.
ROUND 1 (Online) – Deadline March 15
- Up to 3 minutes “Elevator Pitch” video
- Company Profile
- Description of Team (brief bio/background for each team member)
- Stage of company (pre or post revenue)
- Personal/business reference
ROUND 2 (Online)
- Executive Summary (format will be provided)
- PowerPoint Pitch Deck (10-15 slides max)
- Three year Financial projections
- Other information pertinent to the application, as provided by the team
FINAL ROUND PITCH COMPETITION
Date: Between May 15 – June 15 2017 | Location: The eCenter
Live Pitch Elements & Timeframe
- Each team will get 7-10 minutes to do live pitch via PowerPoint
- Each team will then will spend 5 minutes of Q & A by the judges
Judges will score teams on:
- Originality/uniqueness of the idea
- Strength/balance of team
- Reasonableness of assumptions
- Presentation skills
DISCLAIMERS AND TERMS OF CONTEST
All submissions become the property of the competition, however all claims to intellectual property rights remains with each applicant.
- Final round Competition will be recorded
- All finalists will be responsible for their travel expense and logistics to the final round competition
- Final round will not be public. (Invitation only attendance)
- There will be a public announcement of the Grand Prize Winner that will coordinated with the winning team
- Tax reporting requirements of winners